Social media marketing is when social media platforms are used to connect a business, brand, person or organization with their target audience.
It is usually done with the aim of building brand awareness, increasing enquiries or sales, driving traffic to a website and/or persuading the target audience in some way.
Social media marketing can include:
- Publishing content across social media platforms and profiles.
- Listening to and engaging with followers and potential customers.
- Running paid advertisements.
- Analysing your online presence and advertising/brand building results.
- Connecting with, creating and growing new, relevant online communities.
- Analysing competitors social media presence and strategies.
Due to the considerable number of users that social media platforms attract each and every day, social media will likely make up a vital part of any successful online marketing campaign.